Frequently asked questions

What is a Building Surveyor?

A Building Surveyor is responsible for making sure your house or any structures (e.g. Patio, Carport, Retaining Wall or Swimming Pool etc) comply with the minimum standards of building regulations. They also work together with engineers, architects and builders to make sure your buildings/structures are designed and constructed to meet all relevant building standards.

How long does it take to issue a Certificate of Design Compliance?

As long as there are all required information (as per our checklist), our turnaround times are within 1-3 working days.

Do I need a Building Permit?

Yes. Most new buildings or structures including additions and alterations to existing buildings need a Building Permit for the construction. Some exemptions may apply under the Building Regulations 2012.

Is a Building Permit required if my construction value is less than $20,000?


Do I have to comply with bushfire requirements?

Yes, if you are located in a nominated Bushfire Prone Area with a residential building or associated outbuildings or decks. Use this DFES link to find out if your property is within a nominated bushfire zone (coloured pink).

Why do I need a private Building Surveyor?

In the interest of saving you time and money, you should engage a private certifier.



Have any more questions, feel free to contact us

Tel: +44 (0) 1604 707762


PPO Logo.png

Follow us

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram


Join our mailing list for to receive great offers

Supported Payment

Contact us 


We want to know how we can improve your shopping experience at Pipercross Oils, take part in our survey to help us improve

© Pipercross Performance Oils 2020